Monday, November 9, 2009
Packaging
This is kind of funny, since every morning when I wake up, the first thing I do is pick up my cellphone and update my status on Facebook. Now, I bought my phone about a month ago, it came in a box which the Radioshack reps put in a plastic bag along with some brochures. They are all at the house, I haven't thrown them away yet due to limited time. Then I put my sandals on, I bought those at Marshalls, they came in a plastic bag which is also still at the house, we do a lot of grocery shopping, so we have a cabinet full of plastic bags. I then took my toothbrush, I threw the packaging away right after I bought it, did the same thing with the toothpaste, not one of them was recycled...SORRY!...Then, I get in the shower, and use the soap which was purchased along with my groceries, and yes, I also threw that package away. I have a bowl of cereal that is in a box, with milk in a plastic gallon. I then go to work, where I become this totally new person, everything I touch seems to have a sustainability status, the foods, the packages, the fact that we recycle everything that we use. I guess, since I spend more time at work than I do at home, my life is pretty sustainable, but that does not mean I should not try harder to incorporate those values into my home, although my two roommates are a couple of knuckleheads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete