Monday, November 9, 2009
Campus Trail
The trip on the campus trail was both educative and fun. The first thing that we did was talking about the man-made lakes that are present on different parts of the campus. It was interesting to find out that all the water from the lakes, although they seem calm, actually flow underneath the campus. We also visited the highest point on campus, but we did not see any eagle, bummer! We learned what a slough was, a wet land where water flows from one point to another. But the most important part of the trip was getting our feet wet, literally. Getting in the water was really fun, we joked around with each other and we learned about some exotic trees that grow tall and thin. I persoanally liked the center of the trail where we all gathered to reflect on the nature of the area. At the end, we went to this spot where you could go to get in touch with nature. I believe that FGCU has a leg up on other schools, because of this colloquium class, the campus is amazing. Before I started the course, I did not have much interest for nature, now I feel like nature is very important, and preserving it makes great sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment