This trip was fun! I remember taking pictures like crazy with my cellphone...My camera broke...I remember all the years that I would go spend the Summer at my grandparents home, and there were always some gigantic trees that the kids would go sit under, those trees represented the spirit of the town, if they could talk they would tell you so many stories about the town and its inhabitants.
The trip to Corkscrew gave me a whole new perspective on the reason why preservation is important. Recycling restroom water, are you serious, we should definitely do this for every house in the country, I bet it would definitely help the replenishing of this precious resource. Then, we had a brief lecture on how the bird population has been going down as the human population is increasing. We also learned how Lake Okeechobee used to be way larger than it is nowadays, people had made some changes to the flow of the lake not knowing that it would have had negative consequences. They eventually put it back the way it was, because it was harmful to the local residents. Now, the most exciting part of the trip were the trees. Those trees are the legacy of the area. They are the oldest ancestors that we have alive today. The board walk was amazing, We saw an owl, and a small aligator. The trees were all tall and big. I thought that a place like that would have had more in-sight wild life, but it wasn't the case, we saw a small aligator, and an owl, there were spiders all over the place though. One of the ladies, Dara, jumped everytime someone mentions spider, that was hilarious. I think we saw a snake hidden in a hole, it wouldn't come out though. There was this one bird, which I forgot the name, making noise while we were passing by. In the same area, the water was completely covered by this green layer, if one doesn't know he or she might walk on it thinking that it was hard land. I saw this one plant called 'Alligator Flag'. The presentations were interesting, we sat down and carfully listen to the presenters, and then we head back to the bus.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment