Thursday, November 5, 2009
Water Rights Reflection
Can you imagine the planet having major needs for water because of depletion of this so useful resource. Growong up in Haiti, I know all about not having enough water to take care of your needs. I remember having to travel for hours to bring water to the house. The country's huge mountains did not help at all. My grandparents happened to live on top of a mountain, which I enjoyed for the relationship with nature, but fresh water was no where near. The water scarcity situation will come down to a matter of necessity. I have no problem with anyone owning the groundwaters. We are already paying for water on a daily basis. Obtaining the rights to some groundwaters is a Business move first and foremost, but if some of the conservatists join in, it will be mostly because they have our best interests in mind. The local residents of that area might be upset that their resources are being given away to others, but it is just business. If his plan is rejected, residents of Dallas are probably gonna have to consume water from other areas, and the city itself will have to either buy waters to provide to the residents, or there could be private companies to supply water to Dallas residents. I doubt it that something like that would happen to Florida. With all the waters we have around, we are most likely to be a major supplier to other states. If by 2030 half of the world's population will inhabit areas with severe water stress, we should definitely start working on ways that we can survive with what we have at the moment without depleting it too much. Water conservation should be a must for every inhabitant of the planet. I guess one can only hope that the Earth will replenish itself and Mother Nature will forgive us and renew the resources that were given to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment